the House of Science and Letters (Tieteiden talo), Helsinki
There is a growing recognition that research in professional practice needs approaches that better reflect the character practice.
This raises questions such as:
- How do we conduct research in practice?
- What are the interests driving knowledge creation?
- What are the strengths and limitations of current approaches to knowledge production?
This conference aims to explore different approaches to practice research, highlighting the everyday architecture of practice research, the iterative nature of knowledge production processes and the implications for professional knowledge of different theoretical assumptions underpinning practice.
The number of participants is limited to 120 persons. Participants will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- Early registration fee 100 € before March 31st 2012.
- For registrations later than March 31st 2012, registration fee 150 €.
Fee includes: admission to all sessions, conference materials and coffee/tea with snack during coffee breaks. Lunches and the conference dinner on Wednesday 30th (35€) are the responsibility of the participants.
More information about the registration and the conference
Any questions can be directed at pia.k.eriksson(at)helsinki.fi
Call for papers
Contributors are invited to submit abstracts or descriptions of papers, posters and experimental workshops. Submissions will be subject to peer-review by an international scientific committee. Please submit an abstract of 500 words or less.
Abstracts should be sent as e-mail attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by: January 20th, 2012. Participants will receive notifications from: February 15th, 2012. Final papers and posters should be submitted by: May 10th, 2012.
The conference language is English.
- Department of Social Research, Social Work, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Finland
- The Finnish Society of Social Work Research
- Mathilda Wrede Institute
- Heikki Waris Institute/Socca – The Centre of Excellence on Social Welfare in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area
- FSKC – The Swedish Centre of Excellence on Social Welfare in Finland
- The Nordplus Network on Knowledge Production in Social Work